Sunday, October 08, 2006

Prior Proper Planning

I had a boss who used to say “Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance.” Well this time I’m really frustrated because I did exercise some proper planning to no avail

I have been having trouble with the cord for my Powerbook. Because I am STUPID, I let Mike and John use it after Christmas last year when they got IPods for Christmas to download music. At the time I wasn’t using the laptop much, so I didn’t think ahead enough to realize that maybe if something happened to it I would be getting ready for a trip and be screwed.

But I thought ahead. On September 19 I knew I was going to be going to Texas on October 10th. So I ordered a new cord. It shipped October 4th from Apple and it is STILL not here. I have to leave for the airport tomorrow at 10 a.m. and it probably won’t be there.

And this morning now I’m finally to the point where I can’t rig it to work any more. So now that I have one day left to get things ready for the trip, I can’t. And, most likely I’m going to have to, if it doesn’t come tomorrow, to go the Nightmarish Mall of America to the Apple store and buy one, if they even have them in stock.

So I’m not a happy camper this morning. And, for some reason, maybe the change in routine because we aren’t going to 1st service (kids choir, ROCKS, is singing in 2nd and I have 4 kids in it) I am having show downs with almost everyone trying to get ready ... while I fiddle with the cord to no avail. I really hoped it would make a connection so it could charge while I was in church.

Well, I’m going to pray once more, try one more time and then I’m off to do a final inspection.

No comments: