Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Long but Good Day

Day started at 7 when I got up to prepare for the trip. Got up, got ready and we left here after a quick breakfast. Travelled almost 4 hours and then got set up for the presentation. Attendanced wasn't great, but the right people were there and were receptive. Huge answer to prayer is that my cord has been working perfectly, which is a total shock since it hasn't worked well at home for months.

The presentation went very well. The ride home we got lost towards the end, but we had a good meal and things went well. Now I've come home to an email saying that things went well for Bart and that all is well at home. However, he wrote that at 8:00 and my mild, but ever-present case of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) keeps me from feeling completely at peace. It's not thinking about what might go wrong, but wondering what is going to go wrong next. Makes it difficult to live with a calm spirit. But I have ample opportunities to put things in God's hands each moment.

My life is full and I really do love it. When caught in the grind at home it is hard for me to keep things in perspective, but when I get away I am reminded of how blessed I really am. How many people do you know who have found their passion in life and not only get to live it, up close and personal, every day, but get paid to do so? It's a wonderful place to be. Now if I just had 48 hours in a day instead of 24 so that I could do it all even better, that would be great.

And on top of that blessing, a spouse who is truly supportive of everything I do professionally and willing to do more than his part all of the time so that i can work as well as be a Mom. How can I ask for more?

I miss my husband and kids tonight, but I know that as a result of what I did today, more kids will have a family. And it just doesn't get much more meaningful than that.

No comments: