Friday, October 13, 2006

The Mouth Should be Kept Shut

And this time I am talking about mine. Last night I dared to correct the two teens who have been most troublesome and then they both ganged up on me, taking stabs at me while the other chimed in or snickered or grunted. I finally had to pull Salinda away from Mike to have a decent conversation with her and her attitude immediately improved and we actually were able to take some steps forward.

Mike on the other hand never did do anything but conclude that I needed to stop talking to him, which by that point I was happy to do. He was furious at me for “bringing up the past” (what happened 2 weeks ago) but he brought up something that I know literally happened SIX YEARS AGO.

In the midst of his anger, he insinuated that he knew more than I thought he did, as if he has some big secret list of things that he remembers that I don’t. He also said that he orchestrated everything that happened to him over the past two years on purpose because he has the ability to do that (can you say Narcissistic Personality Disorder?) I didn’t say it to him, but if he orchestrated that mess, he must be more disturbed than I thought because he never ended up in a place that he liked.

I could go on and relive the whole thing, but I think you’re getting the idea.

Parenting teens is such a difficult task. We finally have told these two that they don’t have to go with us this weekend -- that they can spend the night at friends instead. WE’ll all have a much better time without their scowling faces.

So I was up past midnight and got up at 6 and I need more sleep than that. I have a 7:30 IEP meeting for Dominyk this morning, that may not go well, as this is the first time I am completely disagreeing with what is happening (he is going to school 7:45 - 3:00 and then a tutoring program from 3:15 - 4:30. By this time he is shot, and cannot hold it together any more... but they keep wanting him to do homework as well. I just don’t think he can do it.

But I’m whining way too much ... I’m healthy and today I am not in the hospital like Cindy. I hope y’all will pray for her today.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Let us know if you hear anything about Cindy this morning! Keeping her in my prayers today!!