Friday, October 20, 2006

Normal People

We had normal people over for supper. I am sure that they would be insulted by the label normal, because they really aren’t -- but I mean normal in the fact that they don’t have kids like ours... maybe some day, but right now they are just contemplating the idea of children, period.

We had a good time, and the children were fairly appropriate. THere were no meltdowns and they went to bed fairly quietly without too much commotion BEFORE our guests left.

I have had a work situation driving me nuts for 3 days now, so I was pretty upset when they arrived, but by the time they left I was feeling pretty good (it’s always fun to have stories to tell to people who have never heard them, or even read them on the blog).

It’s 10:22 on a Friday night and all the children are here and accounted for. Now if we can just get them to stay here all night...

No comments: