Monday, October 16, 2006

Why We Don't Homeschool: Part One

This week our sons, Rand, Mike and Tony have “block break” where they are supposed to stay home from their charter school and use the time to work on their projects. Mike, I am sure, will do absolutely nothing. In fact, I don’t know if we’ll even see him. Up until a few minutes ago I didn’t even know he came home last night, but Rand reports he was in his bed when he woke up this morning.

Rand will be somewhat directable. He’s already made great strides at school -- finished all his math for the whole year in the first 6 weeks of school. He has put in several hours on his senior project, and he has a few other projects approved to work on. I think if I help him, he will get a lot done this week.

But Tony is the reason I don’t homeschool. We have been “working” for 15 minutes. I have been cussed at, told I’m going to be stabbed, yelled at, argued with, etc. it is going to be a very long week. And those of you who homeschool deserve large medals.

No comments: