Monday, October 23, 2006

School

I love school. I know that it doesn’t sound nice to say it, but I love it that my kids are somewhere safe, where they are learning and getting the services they need, and where they have TONS of structure and things are the same almost every day. They really need this kind of structure and it’s hard to provide it at home.

So when we have a few days off, we really need to get back into the routine. I worked hard this weekend not to work and to relax, which is very hard for me. I know that sounds weird, but I was fairly successful.

Now, though, I have to jump back in with lots of energy to kick things into gear and I’m not all that thrilled about it.

MIke did come home about 4:00 yesterday afternoon. I calmly explained that his “holiday inn” shuttle services were going to be discontinued. I explained that Holiday Inns didn’t buy clothing and that the only senior pictures they might purchase were the ones that they wanted for their own walls. I gave him two weeks to change his behavior and if he did, shuttle service would be reinstated, we’d go buy the hoodie he’s been asking for (even though he has 3 or four already, and has lost five or six in the past year that were of high quality). I told him we’d order senior pictures at that time.

As is obvious I am feeling less than enthusiastic which makes my blog less than interesting. But I’m feeling contemplative today so something thought provoking and well written might actually appear here again soon.

No comments: