Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Might As Well Work

i don’t like to kill time. I have so little free time that I hate to waste any time. So It’s 9:48 and I am in my office and plan to be here until 11:30, something very unusual for me.

Here’s the retelling of the events of the day, for anyone interested. After I wrote my whining pose I decided to take a nap I was just exhausted. When I finished I had the delightful privilege of taking Salinda shopping for a hooded sweatshirt like I had promised. All of hers from last year were too small. So i took her, but I forced her to resolve last night before I pulled out the checkbook. It’s my attempt to teach her good people skills -- if you want to have a relationship with someone, things can’t get left up in the air indefinitely.

It took her almost 90 minutes to break. Stone cold silence, dirty looks, etc. But I finally got through to her, and the rest of our time was enjoyable. She has been appropriate, but has friends here. I figure we need take a turn at this as she is at others’ homes often. So there is a gaggle of middle schoolers in our family room being quite noisy. The boys are staying until 11:30 and the girls are spending the night.

Tonight we had a great time with Kari and the fam. Mike (as in Kari’s husband, not as in my son) lit us a great fire and almost everyone sat with us. Ricardo was a little reluctant, and Salinda and MIke were gone, but the rest of the kids sat with us and visited. The kids were knitting and we were talking. It was picturesque. Tomorrow I will have to remember to post some pictures.

Bart made a super great dinner... it was awesome. So there were good elements to the day.

Now, though I have to stay awake for the next 90 minutes. I figured I could kill time, or work, and it’s too noisy for me to enjoy killing time, so I’m at the computer, getting ready to see how many emails I can whittle things down to.


No comments: