Monday, October 16, 2006

Why We Don't Homeschool: Part Two


Well, I have survived the first three hours of block break. And for 2.5 of them, Tony did OK. He sat in my office at my laptop doing research for project but his mouth literally ran nonstop most of that time. Asking me questions, telling me stuff he was learning. I managed to multitask, but I’m feeling a little bit on the stressed side.

Then he hit is limit and then literally for 20 minutes stood within 7 inches of my elbow and breathed down my neck asking me one question after another about everything he could see on my desk, on my screen. AAAGHHH.

And MIke is still asleep. Rand worked for about 2 hours today on a project.

Fortunately Bart is rescuing me and taking the boys on a “Field trip.”

By then I’ll be too emotionally exhausted to work.

I can’t wait for someone to comment about how i should enjoy this time with my children or be more patient, but either you have a different temperament than I or you don’t have a relentless kid like Tony.

But relentless or not, he’s pretty cute.

1 comment:

AdoptiveMomma said...

Maybe he needs to pay for each question or chattering comment? Like 10 pushups to ask a question (before asking)?

When my b-kids were little (2-3-4), we had the rule of 3 Why's. They couldn't ask more than 3 why questions. I just quit answering and sent them to do something else after 3 questions. At that age, they weren't fully comprehending the answers and would sometimes repeat the same question, but they were used to rules that didn't make any sense to them either, so they would drop it after 3 and wait a while. (Obviously not a workable solution with ODD and/or PA-type older, adopted kids...)

Definitely won't tell you to enjoy the annoyances!