Friday, October 20, 2006

The Final School Day of Block Break

I actually was able to sleep in this morning, which was nice. Once again I am trying to get things done with multiple interruptions. I’m getting pretty good at multitasking.

We had another night by the fire last night and even Mike and his new friend (who is 13, showing you about where Mike is developmentally at the chronological age of almost 18) sat with us for a while before we went to bed.

We are having company for supper -- another pastor and her husband. Which reminds of last night’s Jimmy-ism.

We were riding through the campus of the local Lutheran college that reminds me in many ways of Bartlesville Wesleyan College (now called something else) where I attended and worked for several years. I told JImmy, “Oh I miss this. I loved working on campus. I was important, I made a lot of money, I had a lot of fun. And then I gave it all up to become a parent.”

“And a pastor’s husband,” Jimmy said.

Yup, Jimmy, a pastor’s husband.

No comments: