Sunday, October 22, 2006

See Why I'm Paranoid


How could I have massively offended over 100 people that quickly? These are my site meter statistics for the last month.

Weird.

And that’s something I don’t need at this moment, since I seem to be having trouble with my social skills lately as it is.

It’s Sunday morning and Mike is missing again. I took him to a girl’s house at 7:00 last night and he promised he would call before 10 if he needed a ride. We haven’t heard from him again.

As you may remember, last Sunday we had the Holiday Inn Conversation. Apparently some of it hit home, because this week he has started to steal from us again. I can’t prove it, but lots of things are missing that have historically never been missing when he is not living here.

So we’ve moved further down that line just like I figured we would. All week long his friends have been “giving him stuff.” He has new shoes, a new hat, a new sweatshirt. Ironic, isn’t it, that this would all start happening the week that we’re missing assorted items and a lot of cash around here.

Today (or the next time I see him, wherever that may be), I am going to inform him that the Holiday Inn Shuttle Service is no longer available to him except for school, church, and work. He’ll just get rides from friends, but at least I won’t feel like an accomplice to him spending the night at a girls’ house and skipping church. And I’ll even tell him that in two weeks he can requalify for shuttle service is he is home when he says he will be and doesn’t skip church.

I need to put the counter to his 18th birthday permanently on my blog. Because at that point, at least when he steals from us, we can choose to press charges.

No comments: