Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Why We Don't Homeschool: Part 3

By this time on a normal school day I would have put in 4.5 hours of work. Today I have managed to squeak out 1. We had conferences that took until 10 and then I put in an hour before Mike needed me to do something and then Tony and then Rand. When I finally got back and it was time for Tony to start working and he is pitching a complete fit.

He’s so far behind and so oppositional that trying to make any progress at all is horrible. He literally has done no more than right his name on his paper in 40 minutes.

I know that my style probably isn’t best for him, but he is so invested in NOT doing the work that he can’t make any progress.

Rand on the other hand is happily working away in the other room and getting a lot done. Mike, of course, is out skateboarding. I can’t imagine trying to make him do anything.

Of course, while Tony is struggling to write 250 words about their experience yesterday, Bart blogs this articulate account of the visit.

No comments: