Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sadie



When Sadie heard that Kari blogged this that linked to these pictures of her she declared them bad pictures and made me take these ones.

Just to end the day blogging on a positive note, Mike showed up to refuel and change clothes. Even went to the Halloween party with us, but then demanded a ride somewhere afterwards with Salinda and her friend. It was a crazy situation and I could tell that at first neither Salinda nor Mike were happy with me. But by the time it was all over and Salinda was safely home and Mike had taken off yet again, Salinda told me that she had explained to Mike why I was frustrated with him. That's helpful.

I also gave Mike a reminder talk -- if you go to court for the shoplifting citation and anyone asks us if you are following the rules at home and doing what you're supposed to do, we aren't going to lie. We're going to explain to them that you are totally disregarding all of our family rules and living life however you want to... and that we can't get you to do even the most simple thing.

One of the things that I think is a little hilarious is that Mike really thinks he is rebelling by going to a different church than ours every Sunday. The funny thing is that the denominations he is choosing are much more conservative, evangelical and push people more to live a holy life than our denomination does as a whole.

But tonight, everyone is home. Salinda is in good spirits some of the kids are already asleep, and all is well.

Now, if I can just get through court tomorrow.

No comments: