Saturday, February 10, 2007

All of Life is a Blog Post Waiting to Happen

All through the day I hear myself thinking, "I should blog this" and I start to form the post in my mind.

Today I had a whole long post about why in the world Valentine's would be way in the back of the store at Target.

And I could have blogged at length about my 1 hour and 40 minute conversation with Sadie that starts with "Your Not My Mom" and requires a lot of tears, discussion, arguing, not talking, and debate to conclude with a hug and a "you are my mom and I love you." She seems to need it about 4 times a year.

Or I could talk about the estrogen fog that Salinda has been living with for the last 18 hours or so since I found out about her not-so-great My Space account, which has been deleted.

But I think I've concluded that I will blog about our trip to the mall.

I let Dominyk spend some money that he got from his birth grandmother for Valentine's Day. And I bought him an Icee while Sadie shopped. And he said, "Thanks Mom. You're the best Mom in the world."

"For right now, anyway." I replied. "Until I do or say something you don't like."

He just chuckled and said, "You're funny mom."

We had a nice conversation where he summized that possibly "brain freeze" was called that because your brain was cold and where he told me that having a brain freeze made him think of great ideas (like using his new foam dart gun to shoot the dog ten times).

"I'm only going to shoot him once, though, Mom" he concluded.

No comments: