Thursday, February 15, 2007

Craving a "Normal Day"

For me, a normal day is sitting in my office all day cranking out my work, getting caught up on paperwork and email, doing laundry non-stop ... maybe, if I'm lucky, having lunch with the best husband in the universe.

I especially like mornings when I am most productive and I'm convinced, that tucked away here in my corner half/way underground office, I can get more done in a half a day than most people in an office setting can accomplish in 2 or 3 full days. Uninterrupted by friendly chat and office gossip, I can focus and CRANK out the work.

But this week I will not have a single "normal" day. This morning it's a dentist appointment and tomrorow, 2 more kids go to therapy. I'm longing for some time to get caught up.

Next week the kids are home from school all week. "Spring Break" may be the title, but when it's 11 below, it sure doesn't feel like Spring.

The following week I head to Seattle and Tacoma, and so I will not have a "normal" day until at least March 1st.

Yesterday was a very calm day here. Everyone was pretty mellow, which seldom happens on the same day. It really needs to warm up outside though, because even with pond hockey and going to the YMCA, it's really turning into a long, lazy winter for the kids. Tony and Ricardo start indoor soccer on the 1st Saturday in March. That will most likely help.

Mike is actually getting into Chemical Dependency Treatment today. We never did visit him in detention. I'm not sure he understands why, but it just didn't work out for us. It seemed rediculous to drive to see a child who was here for several months and never bothered to talk to us here and avoided us as much as he could, only here long enough to steal what he could.

It will be interesting to see what the expectations are for us as part of the CD treatment, which we will participate in, though possibly a bit cynically.

No comments: