Friday, February 16, 2007

Professionally Competent

I left our training last night feeling professionally competent. I enjoy training and building relationships with people. Kari and I train well together, and we were able to have 3 families join us for our first session, with 2 more planning to come next week. I still have plenty of prospects to follow up with as well.

We are borrowing a new model from You Gotta Believe and having trainings that run consistently so that people can jump in any time. I think that the model is a good one because families can begin when they are ready. They also have time to process everything they are hearing and learning which when training is done in a 16 hours in two days format, it is hard to do. Information overload can happen quite easily.

I'm looking forward to doing training this way. I think that it will be effective and will allow me to recruit more families. And more families mean that more children will have homes.

And that, if you know me well you know, is what I'm all about.

No comments: