Saturday, February 10, 2007

How to Backup a Large Blog (or A Glance Through History)

This morning I was reading the blogs that I always read that had been updated and Darren Rowse had a link about How to Back Up a Blogger Blog so I had to get started right away. I had been wondering for a long time what I would do if something happened to blogger.

So, I followed those instructions and made a web archive of the most recent 1000 posts. That took me back to May, and then I went through and backed up each month from the archives from March of 2005 until now.

And of course I couldn't resist scrolling down. I had some good laughs. I reviewed pictures from our Disney Vacation. I relived heartaches. I was self-controlled as it could have taken me all day to read the whole thing.

It's interesting to see how the blog has evolved as well as to see the ebb and flow of our lives...

No comments: