Monday, February 12, 2007

A Perfect Morning


Tony had a perfect morning. Yesterday in church I was at an all time low in regards to my feelings about him. If you are so inclined, you can read about it in my Scripture As I See It Blog which I hadn't updated in a long time.

But this morning he woke up and it was a new day. He did everything he was supposed to do without arguing. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if my near breakdown yesterday finally got to him, but it was a nice relief from the norm. Yesterday was just so unbelievably hard.

I'm sure, though I hate to admit it, that it also has to do with me not being stressed, tense, or worked up. I set the emotional atmosphere in our home and sometimes I HATE it that I have all that pressure. It makes a difference if Bart is not on top of the game emotionally, but the kids don't seem to respond with quite as much intensity as when I'm having an off day. It's a lot of pressure to be the one who sets the tone.

Yesterday I told Bart: If this isn't PMS, I need to see a shrink. Luckily, it was PMS. Buying some new feminine napkins is sure cheaper than the copay on psychiatric care, in patient treatment, or psychotropic meds.

As predicted by any gynocologist, I'm feeling much better today, thank you.

No comments: