Saturday, February 03, 2007

Escape from Reality

I took the kids to a movie and went to one by myself. I was the youngest person in the theatre and it was very quiet in there for the half hour between when their movie started and when mine did. It was nice to just sit there.

Anyway, I went to see Sweet Land a wonderful love story about Minnesota in World War I. I'm not getting paid to say this and I won't say much about it because you should really see it, but it was a great way to get away from reality. I lost myself in the movie and cried when it was over -- the sign of a great movie.

Tonight I'm going to care for a couple extra kids so that their mom can go to an adult fun activity at church. I couldn't find babysitters for mine, and I figured she'd have a great time. I'm hoping her kids distract mine a bit.

No comments: