Friday, February 16, 2007

Another Round of "Nothing to Do"

Not good timing when your best friend decides not to be your friend any more right before 9 days with no school. Salinda is unhappy, but fortunately not seeing me as the cause of this and spending some talking to me instead of shutting me out. But no matter what idea I had of how to spend her time, it was dumb. I remember similar conversations with my mother.

I'm heading over with Tony tonight to play cards with some friends. He could use some time being "special" and it will give Bart a break.

Besides, the kid has an amazing math mind and is good at cards. I had bought a Sudoku book to use on the plane, and it would take me 30-40 minutes to do an easy puzzle. He picked up the book, left the room, and was back in 5 minutes with a puzzle completed, without any extra notes to himself or anything (I have little marks everywhere on mine). I was shocked and amazed.

So, hopefully he'll rise to the ocassion and we'll have a nice time together. We need it.

No comments: