Monday, February 05, 2007

A Strange Beginning

I did things out of routine this morning. Most likely due to the fact that this is the coldest day in three years. It's so cold everywhere that I decided to stay in bed. I was so excited that my day did not require me to go anywhere, that at least I didn't ahve to go outside.

So, I laid in bed while Tony and Bart got ready (so cold that we decided not to make Tony ride the bus and it's his birthday, so Bart is taking him out to breakfast and then giving him a ride to school). Then I got everyone else up and am waiting until they are all gone to shower. This is the first time this school year that I haven't been out of the shower by 6:40 on a school day, I do believe.

By 7:15 Salinda had called asking me to take them out to lunch. Apparently lunch time is the hardest for them (they've been eating in the guidance counselor's office) becuase the other girls at school are so mean to them. I reluctantly agreed (remember the "i don't have to go anywhere today dreams" of ten minutes before? I intend to call the guidance counselor today and try to discern what is really going on.

So now it's 7:24 and within 10 minutes I'll be heading to the shower. If the water is not warm, i will regret it my extra half hour in bed, but I've never been good at getting going with my day without a shower, so waiting until I'm sure it's warm doesn't seem like a good option.

My space heater is already heating up my office and I'm facing a day of things I don't look forward to. But I've faced and survived many days that have started that way, at and least most of the things I'm dreading are work related and petty and we don't have court today.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

this is why God made coffee....turbo coffee is best....