Friday, February 09, 2007

An Escape and a Parenting Marathon

Bart and I had a great lunch with some fun friends and then we went to a movie. The movie was a good escape, but I had to come home to all the issues.

I literally had five kids to lecture of the eight that are here (yes, Salinda's friend got lectured too). I reminded myself of Cindy today -- large, in charge, and ranting. I still have several battles that I've got yet to fight today, and I'm not letting up. I'm not backing down and letting my silly kids put themselves in danger.

As you will recall, my greatest concerns in giving internet back to my children were Mike and Salinda. It hasn't even been a month, but Mike sold drugs off his my space and Salinda created one, without permission, that was so much less than appropriate that it has been deleted.

I'm not backing down on this inappropriate crap. I don't care if the "in thing to do" is to see how slutty one can look and be, how close to the edge they can act, etc. It's so far away from my holiness upbringing that it makes me cringe.

But taking out spirituality completely, listing the name of your school next to your picture that is completely inappropriate is simply not safe.

So, my experiment failed. The other kids who haven't messed up yet can still play games and look up sports scores, etc. Sad thing is, I can take away internet at home but it isn't going to stop them from doing what they will other places.

But at least I'm not funding their immorality.

No comments: