Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sometimes Even the Best of Us ...

I slept almost ten hours and am ready and raring to go today.

But apparently after 3 hours of sleep, my co-presented commented that I was less positive about my children than usual. Considering the fact that I could not properly show my presentation because apparently Mike stole our $3,000 projector before he went into treatment, I was feeling a little less than positive. He was right.

But hopefully I can be a little more positive today. It helps me feel a little bit better when even Cindy feels like quitting.. I don't know how to even explain how hard it is sometimes to be positive and upbeat about our lives when we are constantly the target of everyone's wrath. It is dehumanizing, almost, to be blamed for so much of what we did not do.

But we all know that, inspite of what happens, we CAN keep going. We just have to regroup, pray, take a deep breath, blog, garden, play raquetball whatever it is we know we need to clear our heads, and then we get up and do it another day. We know we won't quit, because that's not what we do. Looks like Cindy is already back on her feet, working through things, like we all do.

And that, folks, is the MOST IMPORTANT characteristic a person who parents these kids MUST have -- is that little spark of hope, or that stubborn sense of determination, that keeps us going without quitting forever. That's what I look for when I recruit parents because most everything else can be worked around.

No comments: