Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

The headache I had when I woke up this morning is still here. Fortunately, it's been a slow couple days in regards to email, so I am not horribly behind. I'm not sure how long I'll even be able to be at the computer with my head hurting like it does.

I had the opportunity to do one of the things I do best the past couple days -- meet with people and tell them the truth, straight up, about what adopting older kids is like. I don't beat around the bush, so to speak, because I am so determined not to have people surprised. I prepare for the absolute worst.

And then, when they understand what they are getting into and still say yes, it's a great feeling.

Straight-shooting is my gift. And sometimes a good response is surprising.

No comments: