Monday, March 26, 2007

Dreading and Repressing


I'm dreading tomorrow. Sitting at "family week" in a chemical dependency program for 8 hours to work through something with a child I"m not sure is an addict is going to be quite trying. I have a very hard time keeping my mouth shut, and so family sessions where a child of mine is supposed to talk uninterrupted and the majority of what they say is not true are annoying and taxing for me.


So, tonight I've been working on this adoption poster and I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out. It still has some imperfections, which I'm sure you'd be happy to point out to me. :-) I also took off the logo to protect my employer from any connection between them and me if you don't happen to like me, think I'm unprofessional, or just a big dork.

I'm excited about transitioning in my job into a new position where I do recruiting, training and matching and don't do as much case management. I think this is a better fit for me, so I want to do a good job at it.

I have many unanswered emails that need to be dealt with and the next two days I will be spending the daytimes dealing with Mike, so my nightimes will have to be spent working.

Fortunately it has been nice out and the kids have been able to be outside. That is a big help and it also makes me feel a little better about life when I can see the sun shining.

No comments: