Friday, March 02, 2007

Home, Sweet, Home

Yup, I actually did make it here. Got on the 1:15 shuttle and was safe in my own home by 3:30. I was bombarded by kids needing things, but they also mentioned missing me and wishing I would have been home sooner. OK, well some of them were that way ... a couple were typically rude and crabby -- but it didn't have much to do wth me and everything to do with either their issues or the way their lives are going at this moment.

We had a quick supper and then at the spurt of the moment decided we were going to a movie. It costs a LOT not to go to a matinee, but Bart was pretty tired of being cooped up in the house and Salinda was the only one with plans, so we took all our kids minus her plus two of Sadies friends. It was nice to get away and Bart and I actually got to be alone an see our own movie.

It's now 9:40 and I am very excited about the opportunity to sleep in my own bed I was going to say in my own bed with my own husband, but that just didn't sound quite right.

It really is good to be home.

No comments: