Saturday, March 10, 2007

Good Thing I Can't Type Much

What a rediculous idea. Today is Saturday, next week is Spring Break, and this airport is FULL. Everyone in MN is heading somewhere warmer, it appears, and I am stuck in long lines, cramped seats, places with no outlets. I left the house crabby and annoyed (not because of anything anyone did). I am crabbier and annoyeder now. And yes, I know that isn't a word.

I am not exactly annoyed that I have to leave -- I want to see my parents, but this is the least convenient week for many reasons. I feel bad for leaving Bart with the kids when there is so much going on and all the PCAs are gone on Spring Break.

I guess this is why I'm now a member of the "sandwich generation." MY parents need me at least this week and they are too elderly to travel. My children need me too. And my "families" (I hate the word clients) need me as well.

Stretched too thin yet too fat to type with this on my lap, I'm a mess. But, as I always do, I'll bounce back...

2 comments:

process said...

Why do you hate the word "clients"?

Claudia said...

I don't care if other people use the word. That doesn't bother me. But if I use the word "Clients" it feels impersonal and cold and distant.

Adoption is such a personal thing and such a relationship is built that the word client sounds sterile.

I am learning professional distance the hard way, but I still don't want to use "client." Makes me feel like this is only my job and that the families are just a means to an end -- my way to make money. Recruit more "clients", get more business. And I don't like that mentality.

But again, I don't think that is how other people feel when they use it, it's just my deal.