Friday, March 23, 2007

Just 20 Short Minutes

When I blogged this morning, I was heading back to bed. I was going to sleep off this cold as much as I possibly could. But it was still 15 minutes before it was time for everyone to leave for school.

With only 1 minute to spare, one of my children came up with a plan. And when we said no to the plan, this child called Bart by his first name and told him to do unspeakable stuff to himself. If I explained the whole long dramatic saga to you, you would understand how this all had happened, but to summarize it, it was a clear case of a plan that was not reasonable and there was no way to make it happen in the 2 minutes before everyone had to leave for school. Had it been discussed in details days ago, it would have been a possibility.

So of course, he was upset as was I and now we're trying to figure out the best approach to deal with the behavior and where to go from here. He went for a walk. I laid in bed trying to go back to sleep. It didn't work.

So, sleeping off my cold isn't going to happen. My day is packed and I am exhausted. And the dilemma certainly isn't resolved.

So, 20 minutes is all it takes. Just 20 short minutes.

No comments: