Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's the Trip that Never Ends

So, I crawl into the minivan taxi and go to the airport, and grab a bag of chips and some lemonade that tastes like dog pee (not that I've ever had dog pee, so don't ask) and go to wait for the shuttle. There is nobody at the counter, so I figured hey, they're out to lunch or something. A half hour later I ask the guy in the shuttle place next to our shuttle place if the person from our shuttle is at lunch or what and he tells me that the shuttle has been cancelled for the rest of the day.

So, I crawl back into one of the little minivan taxis and come back to the same cheap hotel as penance. Bart, who is home alone with all the kids on a snow day, told me I could stay wherever I wanted, but I felt too guilty to pay a lot and go someplace nice.

So, I'm going to be washing out some clothes in the sink, heading to Denny's next door for supper (4 of my last five meals have been either hotel continental breakfasts or vending machine snacks) and continue to put in as many hours as possible so that I can spend time with my kids when (and if) I ever do finally make it home.

No comments: