Monday, March 12, 2007

Umbilical Cord has been Severed

Wow, how out of touch am I? 48 hours without internet and I feel like I'm slowly disappearing. It's been amazingly strange to not be in touch with everyone, and to not blog.

I arrived safely to Albequerque and then had an uneventful four hour drive to my parents. When I called Bart I felt terrible because he had had such a horrible day with the kids. It was nothing major, but transition day is always hard.

Then yesterday my parents were surprised to receive a Distinguished Service award from their church, which is why I wrote this post a month ago. I had to read it in church, which I wasn't expecting. This was after I had played the piano and sang a duet with my mother (who is the only person in the world who could convince me to do such a thing). The 20 people there enjoyed it, they said.

Yesterday afternoon by the time we ate, chatted, and did dishes it was almost 4. Quick nap and then time for evening church. We went to bed before 9.

Changing paces this drastically is hard on the system. I have way too much time to think, and way too little time online to keep up with everyone.

When I think, I conclude that I just have to do better than I've been doing. I lay awake and worry about (and dream about) my kids and how we can best help them. Life is a blur at home. It's anything but one here. The clock moves so slowly.

But my parents are awesome, they won't be around forever, and this is a great opportunity to be with them. Right now we're sitting at Denny's, the only place in town that has wireless internet. My parents are reading, and I am checking email and blogging.

The whole community is in slow motion. If I was here long, I might become that way too. But it will only be for 4 days.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Enjoy the time with your parents. The time away will do you good even if you have too much time to think. Isn't it actually nice to have time to think? Be blessed and RELAX