Monday, March 05, 2007

Pulling Out All The Stops

I don't know HOW long it has been since Bart and I have social plans three days in a row. Saturday night we had our friends over for supper, last night the movie, and today we have lunch with another pastor in town and his wife who really enjoy.

This morning Rand had to meet people from school at 6 for a field trip so I'm driving the other six kids to school. Also on my docket for the morning is a call to Mike's Treatment Center and to John's Boys Ranch to check on their status and talk to counselors about what we should be doing. You'll see by clicking here that we down to less than 150,000 seconds until Mike turns 18. At that point, we are no longer legally responsible for him and, based on our wonderful history with him and Child Protection, we are glad for that day to come.

It's been 17 days since I've had a day at my desk without kids home, between my travel and all of their snow days and holidays (they've had school 3 of the past 10 school days). I'm looking forward to getting some things done.

Nobody came forward to ask for a profile, so I made on of the "Doe Family" that I'm trying to get into a decent size so I can post it.

No comments: