Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not Even Tempted

In the past, if someone mentioned to us that they thought a child would fit into our home, we seriously considered it. We don't usually go looking for new kids -- we haven't since we had seven -- but sometimes when someone approaches us, we think about it. And obviously, 3 times we said yes.

But yesterday I was told that the orphanage director from where we got Ricardo and Jimmy was suggesting she had another child for us. For a few minutes, when I knew nothing about the situaiton, I was thinking "Oh no, here we go again."

Then she told me it was a girl. Who is seven. And has FASD.

I laughed out loud. I told her that Bart would do the same. Ironically, had it been a boy who was 12 or 13 we might have thought about it, but not a seven year old. Not a girl. Not another child with FASD.

But now I need to find her a home. She is in the same situation as Jimmy was back when we got him -- no family identified and soon to be moved to a government institution if no family agreed to parent her. And then, after the government orphanage, the streets.

Maybe you are the one to parent this little Guatemalan orphan. If you will check out this post you'll see the words to the song that helped us decide that we should adopt Jimmy. Maybe these words will help you decide that this unnamed girl is your daughter.

No comments: