Tuesday, March 27, 2007

So not Looking Forward to Today

As I mentioned, a day of "family counseling surrounding MIke's addiction" is not something I am looking forward to. He says he is going to tell us things that will shock us and make us mad. I don't think that he realizes how much we know about what he has done, so I don't think we'll be as shocked as he thinks we'll be.

Physically I'm still not feeling well, especially not well enough for a marathon day of counseling. But I realize that I"m just whining and that I will be fine. And, as all things I dread, when today is over, it will be over.

It's time now to awaken the slumbering children, buck up and head into the day.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Claudia I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers today. I pray that God will intervene and do some mending and healing. Please know you are not alone in this

FosterAbba said...

I am curious, why are you even bothering to go? Mike is 18, and it seems you've had enough troubles with him that I wonder why you are continuing to put up with his behavior.

Yes, I understand he's FASD and all, and he's your son, but it seems like there comes a point in time where you need to protect yourself. If Mike can't "get it together" enough to function in society, he's going to end up in jail whether you are there or not.

Seems to me maybe it's time to focus on your needs and the needs of your remaining children.

BTW, that's not meant as a criticism. I'm just curious why you keep signing up for more punishment when you are no longer obligated to put up with it.

Mammy said...

I pretty much read your blog every day, although I have never commented. Just wanted to say hi and tell you how much I appreciate your candor. Hope the counseling session isn't too awful.