Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pap Smear and Training Dreams, "little mistakes" Panera bagels and the day ahead

No, I'm not going into detail about the pap smear dreams. This is a G (OK, maybe PG) rated blog. I had another dream that my next cycle of adopting training was standing room only. Now THAT is a dream I didn't want to wake up to. Can you imagine that many people lined up to adopt a waiting child? That would be awesome.

Salinda and her friend made a "it's not that big of a deal" mistake last night, losing trust again. It's like a daily cycle... we live, we love, we forgive and never give up. Too bad "they learn" doesn't fit in there anywhere.

And JImmy just delivered me an Asiago Cheese bagel at my desk, with garden veggie cream cheese spread. That's something even skinny vegetarian Cindy could love. Not often that I eat something she would like.

Today we're going on a "poster trip". This is where I take a couple kids with me and we drop off posters in small towns within driving distance of Mankato, trying to attract more people to adoption. The kids actually don't mind and I can make it fun. We will have a destination today -- everyone needs shorts cuz they all changed sizes this past year and yes, it's been warm enough for them to wear them lately in Minnesota (my boys want them on when it hits 40).

On the road we play games like the one Dominyk and I were playing last night. I made up questions for him to answer.

"What's the top five things you want in a wife?" I asked.

"Skinny, sexy, hot, cute, and pretty."

"Really?"

"So, if you could find a girl that was skinny, hot, cute, sexy and pretty, but was REALLY mean and VERY stupid, you'd marry her?"

He thought long and hard and said, "Maybe."

No comments: