Saturday, January 20, 2007

And I Finally Have Time to Blog about Last NIghts Dream


I was very happy to wake up this morning, because I was having quite a strange dream.

The dream was about probation and chimichangas and stolen wallets.

First of all, it was about me and Tony (of all people) going to visit Mike’s probation officer. She was working at a farm for juvenile delinquents that bred chimichangas, sort of a youth work farm. Now, in real life you and I both know that a chimichanga is a tex-mex deep fried tortilla with stuff in it kinda thing. But in my dream a chimichanga was a large animal that sort of looked like a mountain goat but stood on all fours. In fact, this picture is almost exactly what they looked like in my dream. First, Mike’s Probation Officer showed us the artificial inseminator machine that they were using to get the female chimichangas pregnant. It looked sort of like a brass statue of a mountain on all fours. But then she took us to a new barn to show us the new male chimichanga they had purchased to breed the female chimichangas. It had an extremely large insemination device, but that’s beside the point.

While we were in the barn, I left the car unlocked. This is something that I might do. I am careless sometimes. But in this particular dream, Bart’s checkbook and IPod were in the vehicle. So, idiot that I was, I parked the car and left it unlocked at a JUVENILE PROBATION chimichanga breeding farm. Of course, when I got back, the IPod was gone and Bart’s checkbook was empty, no Driver’s License, no credit cards, no check blanks, nothing.

I was SO glad to wake up and realize that I was dreaming. So very glad. You can’t imagine the dread I was feeling knowing that I was going to have to confess that I had left the car unlocked at the juvenile probation chimichanga-breeding work farm.

What do you think Freud might do with that dream?

2 comments:

Susan said...

I think it's definitely time to cut back on the Mexican food. : )

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to de-lurk for that one... I'm laughing so hard that I'm wiping tears from my eyes.