Thursday, June 22, 2006

Quick Minute for a Funny Story

Background: John has managed to work 3 hours this morning. It has not been pleasant. In fact, he pushed me to the edge, so I decided to leave for a few minutes and get a break. He had just informed me that both parents have to let all of their children know where they are at all times, so I said, “Since I have to give you a full report, I am heading to Walmart to buy feminine napkins.”

I used that term because I figured the smarter ones would get it and it would leave the less smart ones wondering. Kyle, 19 and through two years of college, but, as my husband reminds me, naive, I had figured would know exactly what I was talking about. But, no.

“Why do you have to buy feminine napkins (as if there were two varieties of the kind you wipe your mouth with?”

“Do you really want to ask me that?”

“Yeah, why do you have to buy feminine napkins.”

“Because when a woman is on her period, Kyle, she needs them.”

(other 5 boys mouths drop open because they’ve all been through 5th grade health).

“That’s not what they are called!”

“Yes, Kyle, that is what they are called.”

I left as he was muttering to himself something about Tampons, or Kotex, or something like that....

No comments: