Monday, April 10, 2006

2 Diagnosis Free Hours

For just two hours I got a glimpse of what life is like for “normal” families. I only had three kids home -- my three kids who don’t have any diagnosis. They went about their business -- they did their chores, homework, Salinda practiced her trumpet, the girls worked on cleaning their room since we were at the new house on Saturday which is “room cleaning day.” Ricardo was doing the glue thing where he has to be with me, so he quietly helped me clean the kitchen.

There were no arguments, no fights, no meltdowns. Everyone just quietly did what they were supposed to do. It was nice but it actually seemed boring. Really boring.

John came home today as happy and even keeled as he could be. Came in straight up from the baseball field to give me a huge hug -- a huge sweaty, smelly, heavy hug. (It never ceases to amaze me that he even sags his sweatpants. I just hate the sagging thing so much, and I’m not even sure why -- but anyway, I digress). Very different from the invisible charged up “mania boy” he was Thursday through Saturday and very different from the “I don’t even want to live” kid from our conversation last night. Sometimes just keeping up with the moods makes my head spin. It would be nice though if this particular one could last all night.

I took this picture very candidly. It was not staged. This is exactly how he was lying on my office floor while I blogged the above.

No comments: