Tuesday, April 18, 2006

MInd Boggling

Electronics go off at our house at 9. Strict, maybe, but the amount of crap on after 9, and the fact that the TV is two stories below us, justifies my case to me anyway. We also have a new washer and dryer that nobody is supposed to touch.

Last night at 10:45 John was doing laundry and watching TV in the basement, two things he knows he isn’t supposed to do. The last time I left him home alone he asked me to do so so he could earn trust, and he had a girl in his bedroom.

I found out today that he has a game on Friday night and we are supposed to be in Mankato on Friday night. Then we found out that Bart has an interview in Mankato on Thursday night. Things started to get very complicated, but I figured out a plan that would allow him to stay home and not miss his game.

His conclusion? He should be allowed to stay here all night alone. I reminded him of his behavior last night and what he did the last time I trusted him home alone for an hour.

Now he is stomping around the house (or possibly has snuck out, I haven’t heard a stomp for a while nor have I done a thorough search) mad because I won’t let him spend the night here alone. Not gonna happen. It’s just mind boggling that he can think that we would be crazy enough to leave him here unsupervised over night. Whether his behavior is controllable or not isn’t the issue -- it’s just a set of simple facts leading to an intelligent conclusion.

And I’m not even bringing up with him what happened at school today.

I also haven’t yet blogged that the new pastoral candidate is currently meeting with the committee a the church. It’s 8:15 p.m. and within the half hour that family will show up here for a tour right at bedtime. I can’t imagine how wonderful that is going to be.

No comments: