Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Another One of Those Nights

John had another hour of opposition tonight and it got so bad I had to ask a male friend of ours to come over. I was going to call the cops but knew it would not get us anywhere. He was out in the garage, refusing to get out of the van, honking the horn repetitively for over 10 minutes. He stopped just a few minutes before our friend came over.

The friend volunteered to stay and give him a ride to confirmation. Otherwise he probably wouldn’t have gone.

Question is this: Will he come home in the same mood or will it be gone when he gets here? Will he be cooperative for the rest of the night, or will he be wanting to continue the battle? At least by this point I have learned that if he does come home balanced and happy that I will shut up for now about the evening and just take the good mood when I can. If I dare confront it, he may go back to that awful mood.

And again I ask myself: How long can we do this? Will it get better? How much of it can he control? How much of it does he even understand? How much can we take? Are there answers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel so badly for you and can't imagine trying to deal with all you are going through. Has John been tried on lithium?