Thursday, April 13, 2006

Teenagers that Don't Go Anywhere

Kyle was about as “normal” a teenager as a person could be (well, other than the fact that he acted like he only had one parent, his Dad, but anyway, I digress). From the time he was 14 he had a job and he consistently had at least one job from then until now. He was involved in everything at school and had lots of friends. Thus as he was growing up, it was our struggle to get him to spend some time at home with us. He was hardly ever here.

Mike, when he was home, was like Kyle. He didn’t want to spend a minute with us. (However, now he is using the fact that “we never talked to him” as proof that our parental rights be terminated. Again, I digress).

I expect Salinda to be similar to Kyle as she gets older, and even now at 13 she spends lots of time with friends.

The rest, however, like to be home. (Except John, who only goes out by sneaking out after we’re in bed, but again, I digress). Most of the time it isn’t a bad deal that they are here because then I don’t have to worry about them. But sometimes, it’s a bit overwhelming.

Last night I went upstairs about 8:45 because I hadn’t had time to talk to Bart all day long. From 8:45 until 9:30 when we had at least two and sometimes as many as six kids flopped all over the bedroom. They weren’t being horrible, but they were teasing each other and us and being generally annoying. Bart at one point said, “Who ISN”T in here?“

I guess it’s nice that they want to be with us. Too bad it’s never until after we want to be ASLEEP!

Here's a picture I took on my cell phone when we were messing around up there.

No comments: