Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Warm Fuzzy


We saw our kids’ psychiatrist for the last time today because we’re moving. He wrote a wonderful letter for me to help get a subsidy increased, he commiserated with me about Mike’s situation (he had been his psychiatrist) he listened to me and changed John’s meds. He did everything I asked him to do and was very clear to all three of the boys that they had good parents. When I left his office, he gave me a hug -- very uncharacteristic of him. He told me were wonderful parents doing great things for our kids. He went out to his vehicle to get me a CD he had of country music hymns. I’m sure he felt that as a pastor’s wife I would like them. I’m listening to them now and actually I’m not minding them. Quite soothing.

When I explained about Mike’s situation he said something that made me chuckle. When I told them some of the things that they county was saying, he said, “Well, what do you expect? You’re not dealing with brain surgeons here.”

At any rate, he was very complimentary about our parenting and with all of the professionals we have had telling us the opposite over the past two years, that was great to hear.

No comments: