Monday, April 17, 2006

90% of my Emotional Energy

Lately 90% of my emotional energy goes to John who jerks me around all day with his rapid mood swings and explosive behaviors.

Bart left 20 minutes ago with Rand, Jimmy and John to go to lunch and a movie in Sioux Falls. Salinda is babysitting for the day. I am here with 5 children and the house is completely quiet. John isn’t here to get everyone going and right now they are all fine. I hardly know what to do with myself.

It’s a very odd thing to have 10 children and to have one or two of them take up so much of the emotional energy and create so much of the stress.

I wonder if it will always be this way and that when one calms down another one will take their place? Or will there actually be a time when things feel “normal?”

1 comment:

Megamom said...

They can all rile up at one point, but i too have one that riles up the entire family, and gets my goat every single time. He once said to me you just dont want me to go to an all weekend sleepover and it was all i could do not to bust a gut laughing