Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Good Night and the Start of a Good Day

Last night went about as well as it could. There were bumps, but overall it was a good night. I got to watch 7th Heaven and Everwood, shows that I used to watch every single time I could, but lately it’s been a rare treat. Everyone did what they were supposed to do. John took his pill without a battle and at least stayed downstairs.

Bart called and his meetings went well and he said that the committee did a lot of laughing together. That’s always a good sign.

Now this morning everything seems to be progressing quite nicely too. John woke up in the same level mood (I’m thinking weekends must really throw him off). Three are leaving as I type, three more are close, I got my photo printer to work for the first time in weeks (Salinda needed a picture for her scrapbooking class), and Dominyk is already out of the shower which typically takes at least 15 more minutes.

Best of all though, I read Cindy, Kari and Mary's blogs and not only did they not have bad news, there was good news for a change. Gives me hope that the tide is turning and that we are all headed for brighter days. For a while there all of the adoptive parents I knew were really struggling, so hearing good news is SO nice.

I have a busy day of work ahead of me, but it is always easier for me to get going when I don’t start my day with horrible battles.

No comments: