Thursday, April 06, 2006

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

Remember that old song?

It was very hard for me to sleep last night and I’m not sure exactly why -- probably for many reasons. But it doesn’t give me a very good start to a weekend with a bunch of intense women on a mission. I’m sure their enthusiasm will buoy me.

We’ve got the van packed with everything but the food. I’ve got my days planned out step by step to include as much work and fun as possible. Usually not one for details, I had Bart (the detail king) help me think through everything so I feel like we’re in pretty good shape. The kids are fairly excited and I’m totally looking forward to it.

Today we will leave at 11:30. We’ll grab lunch on the way. We’ll hit Mankato, make a deposit at the new bank, get swatches from the furniture store, go to the paint store for supplies and paint, head to the house to unload boxes, go the the other furniture to pick up dining room chairs Bart ordered, and head back to the house for supper and to greet guests. The evening we’ll spend spackling priming and taping. We may even get ambitious and do ceilings.

Tomorrow will play itself out I’m sure beginning with a visit to the MIddle School at nine for Jimmy and Salinda. We plan to return on Saturday and be here by 7 or 7:30.

I have rented DVDs and have things packed for a theatre -- laptop, projector, and speakers (even a table to put them on). When we gab, the kids can watch movies.

Bart has made good food for me to take with... what can possibly go wrong? I know, I know, I shouldn't ask that.

And you’ll find out what all went wrong when I get back (or, if I have a chance to stop by some wireless place during the weekend).

No comments: