Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Errand Blitz and Small Town Living

I hate errands. They distract me and take me away from doing what I love to do -- which is to be in a constant flurry of emails attempting to find homes for waiting kids or working with my families trying to get their studies done, match them, or help them stay sane.

So I save them all for blitz. In 45 minutes today I dropped something off at social services, went to the post office, went to the bank, went to the liquor store (for BOXES folks, come on now, you know better than that -- made it almost 43 years without my first drink, not starting now, even though there are times when I’m pushed close!), and stopped to buy detergent.

In that 45 minute errand blitz I ran into two people who I don’t know, one of whom I swear I’ve never seen before in my life, and they both said, “Gearing up for your big move? We’re sure going to miss you here in Luverne.”

Odd.

No comments: