Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sad, Discouraged, but Oddly Relieved

Well, I spent the day trying to figure out what to do about John. By the time I read my email on my return, the answer was clear.

Just since I have been gone, John has managed to get the school so concerned they want to schedule an emergency IEP meeting. He also was kicked off of the baseball team because yesterday he skipped the game. This means he has zero motivation to stay in school.

Then we find out that both last night and tonight he was out riding a moped through traffic, dangerously cutting right in front of large vehicles.

So, we called his guardian who made it very clear that he did not think we were doing anything wrong. What a huge relief. He suggested that we have him return to the psych hospital for an assessment.

So we had law enforcement find him and transport him and I gave consent over the phone. I will probably have to take clothes over tomorrow and sign some stuff, but for now he is safe and our other kids are safe and we are safe. This temporarily resolves many issues for us.

On a different note, Mike is no longer in foster care. That placement “disrupted.” He is now in shelter care waiting for them to find a place to put him.

No comments: