Monday, April 03, 2006

Hiding

The “parsonage inspectors” from our church are here and it is stressful. Bart had to leave cuz it was so stressful to be here. I mean obviously, it’s stressful. People are walking through writing down all the ways our kids have destroyed the home belonging to the church. I can’t even blog about one of the reasons why it is so stressful. Anyway, how many times can I say stressful in one paragraph?

But I’m trying to stay out of their way and hiding in here, but they’re heading my way to look at my office, with desks overflowing. Lucky me. I won’t go on, but this is what our evening has resulted in. Hiding from the criticism we totally and completely deserve. I don’t even want to be in earshot because it is so humiliating -- and they are being nice. It’s not them. It’s us.

Sometimes when I blog I even annoy myself. I wish I weren’t always so pickin’ honest. (PIckin. Now that’s a word I haven’t used since I left Oklahoma in 1992. Matter of fact, I haven’t used “honkin” either. Now Honkin is a good word.

I wish I weren’t so honkin’ honest.

Notice I used the subjunctive tense of the verb though.

Bet you’re wanting me to be done, aintcha?

No comments: