Friday, April 28, 2006

The Inconceivable

Last Friday night the kids messed with Bart’s laptop and it wouldn’t turn on. He took it in. They sent it to be repaired. Never mentioned he might lose his data. WE couldn’t back up because we couldn’t get it turned on.

Now that the hard drive is replaced and all the data is gone forever, we are finding out that we could have saved the data. But it’s too late.

And I feel as horrible as a person can feel. Computer stuff is my responsibility in this house and Bart had asked me to help him with backup before and I never had time.

This is by far one of the worst things that has happened in a long time. Years of Bart's work is gone. Things are NOT getting better.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I have so been there. I'm still trying to figure out a way to retrieve my lost information; I have years of work missing as well. Please let Bart know he's not alone ....

Grits Gone North said...

I had that happen in graduate school with two years of papers I needed. I so know how you are feeling. So sorry.