Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Sunday Morning Same Old Same Old

Sitting here hoping my kids will be ready on time, knowing that my endless prodding will probably not make much of a difference but too nervous not to prod, nag, raise my voice in hopes that it will make a difference. 8-9 on Sunday morning I think might be my least favorite time of the week.

John came home last night fairly stable even after a misunderstanding and some frustrations. He ended up not getting supper and sitting on the steps for a while waiting for the people he was staying with to come home. He even got up and is very cooperative this morning so far, even when I made him do something he didn’t want to do.

Mind boggling, this mood swing stuff. You really never know what kind of kid you have living with you from moment to moment.

In about 4 hours I will be heading out the door for four hours alone in a vehicle and several more in the plane. I look forward to a chance to have some space, but I know that my mind will fill with the very worst of my worries and concerns the second my pace slows. The Mike situation looms over me as well as John’s mental illness and how he will do with Bart here alone (historically not good at all) and all the million things we will have to do between now and our move date...

I still have 1/2 a suitcase to pack, but I think my paperwork preparation for the trip is over. I’ll have 30-45 minutes after church to finish packing my suitcase and give Bart med instructions (some of them have changed).



No comments: