Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Morning Joys

First, before I forget, my kids were showing my blog to our District Superintendent last night. John was leading the way. He was showing him the pictures and clicking on the links and saying things like “My mom does too have a friend who has 39 kids” and “here’s one of her friends who has 19 kids -- they helped us paint our house. They might be getting four more.”

But he never read a word. He declares he can’t read, but I know better. I also know, though, that reading at a second grade level he is not going to wade through all that I write. I just thought it was ironic since the question was asked this week that he was “reading my blog” last night and didn’t even notice anything on it that bothered him. (And yes, he would have said something if it did, believe me.“

We went to bed feeling pretty relieved. The house is clean, there is a new pastor lined up to come here, though it won’t be announced until Sunday and until then is a big secret, and we have a somewhat relaxing weekend planned. Bart has a meeting in Mankato on Thursday night, so we are all going to go there to spend Thursday through Saturday there. John has opted to stay here as not to miss his first baseball game. Salinda is still deciding. Everyone else is coming with.

So Friday we will see the last two schools and Saturday we will be at the house greeting people from the church who are coming over to help us get things done. Today Bart and I are shopping for Dominyk’s birthday and then having lunch and a ”staff meeting“ to plan projects for Saturday.

So, at this point there hours where something that isn’t family related could make me crazy are few and far between over the next 4 days, and that’s good.

Our whole family needs respite from Bi-Polar Personality Disorder so we look forward to our visit to Mankato.


No comments: