Wednesday, April 25, 2007

He Has a Future


Last night I talked to Ricardo's coach after soccer practice. Up to this point in time, we have had Ricardo in rec league type soccer playing with kids in his own grade who are 2 years younger than he. We knew that he was a star, but didn't know how he would do when playing on a competitive team with kids who were his own age.

We have him signed up for a 13 year olds competitive team and practice started last week. His coach, who is from Ecuador, asked Ricardo if he could talk to me last night. Much to Ricardo's dismay, I started talking to him in Spanish. I explained that Ricardo understood Spanish perfectly well, but would not speak it.

The coach let me know that Ricardo is a GREAT soccer player with a future in soccer. He reminded Ricardo to keep up his grades (something we've been saying non-stop for months).

It's great to hear good things about our kids and I am really hoping that this young man will be a great role model for Ricardo so that he will begin to see the need to improve his academics.

I'm looking forward to watching these guys play!

2 comments:

Mammy said...

That's great! It is so nice to hear good things about our kids:)

Hey, just so you know, I tried to add you as a friend on myspace, I send the friend request thingy and a message to explain who I was!

Jennifer said...

That is awesome. I bet it really helps boost his self esteem.